POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : file input - doc bug, i/o bug or tom bug? : Re: file input - doc bug, i/o bug or tom bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: file input - doc bug, i/o bug or tom bug?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 8 Jan 2002 05:20:36
Message: <3c3ac7f4$1@news.povray.org>
"Michael Andrews" <M.C### [at] readingacuk> wrote in message
news:3C3### [at] readingacuk...
> Hi Tom,
>
> Tom Melly wrote:
>
> > Hmm, that's okay, but this version fails without a comma (e.g. ",1,2,\n")
> >
> This is because a line-feed is not counted as an item separator, only commas
are.

Hmm, yes I realise that - all I can say is that I have never come across a
scripting lang. that behaves in this way. Could someone confirm that this is the
way that POV is meant to behave. If it is, then I would suggest some
clarification in the docs, since this will confuse Perl users for a start....